Our bankruptcy attorneys are committed to providing you with strong, effective and personal legal representation in resolving your financial problems. We will keep you informed and involved, so that we can provide you with the best legal solution to your problem.
Talk to a Bankruptcy Lawyer About a Fresh Start
Bankruptcy is the economic equivalent of a mulligan — a chance to start over. Because the American economic system depends so heavily on entrepreneurship and calculated risk, the availability of a fresh start through bankruptcy has always been a feature of our society, going back to our nation’s original Constitution.
Since 1976, attorney Steven E. Mirsky has been helping financially challenged individuals and businesses obtain relief from debt. At our law firm, we help people and businesses understand the best debt relief option in their situation.
When bankruptcy is your best choice, filing for Chapter 7, 11 or 13 bankruptcy can allow you to reorganize or eliminate debt and get a new start with your finances.
What Steve Mirsky and his associate, James C. Martin Jr., can offer you is essential: we can help you take back control.
Understand Your Options and Take Control of Your Debt
After more than 30 years as a lawyer working with people who are facing the stress of being in debt, Steve Mirsky understands what it means to you to be at a crossroads in your life. People walk into our office every day-full of anxiety, unsure what their real options are.
We know the ways to:
- stop creditor harassment immediately
- prevent you from losing your home, car or other property
- evaluate your debt and your options for resolving it, taking into account the practical, tax and credit consequences of each option
- help you choose whether filing for bankruptcy is right for you and, if it is, what kind of bankruptcy to file
- negotiate with your creditors to help you develop a repayment plan that works for you, if that is the best option
- eliminate the fees, penalties and interest that keep you from making progress
- deal with tax debts, student loans and other types of debt that are hard to discharge in bankruptcy
We are so experienced in debtor-creditor and bankruptcy law that we can help you through even the most complex debt situation.
We Help People and Businesses with All Types of Debt Relief
Are you or your business overwhelmed by debt? The law offices of Steven E. Mirsky, LLC can help. Call us at (301) 279-8700 to arrange your free consultation, or contact us by e-mail and someone from our firm will be in touch with you promptly.
- Chapter 7 Personal Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Personal Bankruptcy
- Litigated Personal Bankruptcy
- Chapter 11 Business Bankruptcy
- Chapter 7 Business Bankruptcy
- Business Bankruptcy Litigation
- Bankruptcy Creditor Representation and Debtor-Creditor Law: Our law firm represents creditors such as vendors, lenders and landlords who are owed money by a consumer or business that has declared bankruptcy. We help resolve these issues through negotiation or litigation.
- Business and Commercial Law: Our experience handling business bankruptcies also provides us the experience to handle select business law matters.
With office locations in Rockville and Frederick, Maryland, we represent clients throughout Montgomery County and the Washington, D.C. metropolitan and surrounding areas. Our office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with off-site, evening and weekend appointments available by request.
Payment Plans Accepted.